Deadline for Abstracts submissions extended to 15 December 2018
The Call for Abstracts Submission is open!
ACHAP extends an open invitation for the submission of abstracts for presentations, at the 9th Biennial Conference 2019, which will be held at Mont FEBE of Yaoundé, Cameroon in February 25-March 1, 2019.
Abstracts are to be 250 words long and must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of the Biennial conference is Re-igniting Primary Health Care: The role of ACHAP.
We invite our CHAs members and partners to submit an abstract no later than November 30 , 2018.
The Biennial conference will explore the following topics:
- Promotion of FBO-government partnerships at country, sub-regional and regional levels.
- Strengthening Faith-based Health Systems of care that include PHC towards UHC
- Exploring Financing models for PHC
- Increasing visibility and advocacy leverages
Why you should present at the ACHAP Biennial conference?
The first and foremost reason is that you get to meet new people such as yourself, you get a chance to “talk shop” with people who do what you do and understand the challenges faced in the work of promoting health, and you get a chance to share your experience/knowledge with others.
Some other reasons that presenting at a conference in a worthwhile endeavor include:
- Meet and network with like-minded individuals
- Introduce yourself to the community of people involved in Health as someone who has something to offer
- Establish professional credibility by demonstrating knowledge, skills and experience
- Opportunity to learn from others who understand the challenges of your sector as well as sharing your experiences
- Establish contacts in the sector for future collaborations opportunities and/or knowledge sharing
- Opportunity to showcase your accomplishments (and those of your organization)
- A chance to practice your presentation skills in a non-threatening environment
- Be actively involved in your professional development
- Get the opportunity to share your knowledge/expertise
- Learn something
We also actively encourage people who have never presented at a conference to submit abstracts. Presenting at a conference is a great way to practice your presentation skills, establish credibility, and introduce yourself to others in the sector. It is also a great way to meet new people and establish contacts for future knowledge sharing and collaborations.
To learn more and submit an abstract, click here.
See the Conference Prospectus, here.
To register to the biennial conference, go here.