ACHAP 8TH BIENNIAL CONFERENCE, MASERU FEBRUARY 27- MARCH 3 2017
ACHAP members, acknowledging their unique roles as service delivery agents including achievement of SDG’s have dedicated their 8th Biennial Conference and General Assembly meeting to be held in Maseru, Lesotho in February 2017 to discussing “Building partnerships for FBO Health Systems Strengthening towards achievement of Sustainable Development Goals”.
The conference will create an opportunity for CHAs to reflect on their current contribution to health service delivery, the new global SDGs context, the challenges and the opportunities to scale up their contribution through building effective partnerships for capacity development, resource mobilization and systems strengthening.
The 2017 Biennial Conference has the following objectives:
1. Understand the role of national faith stakeholders and their role in supporting the realization of SDG’s in collaboration with UN agencies, national and local governments, and academia.
2. To take stock of the evidence based systems that CHA’s have put in place to enhance accountability and decision making as well as advocate for partnerships with others.
3. To review the existing partnership initiatives that CHA’s have undertaken in the last 2 years to strengthen members capacity for service delivery with emphasis on children and women’s health
4. To facilitate joint advocacy with and for the Christian Health Associations and Church Health Networks in Africa on matters of health systems strengthening.
5. To review sustainable supply chain models that help achieve equity and support supply of essential medicines to the most at risk population groups.
6. To enrich the knowledge base of Africa Christian Health Associations and Church Health Networks and participants on global perspectives of health financing facilities and requirements for partnerships from Health Financing partners.
7. Provide an opportunity for ACHAP to hold its 8th General Assembly business meeting and review success of its five-year Strategic Plan for the period 2015 – 2019
The Venue is at the Thaba Bosiu Cultural Village: http://www.thababosiu.com/
The dates are: 27th February – 3th March 2017
Details of the program will be communicated in due time. Check back.
Africa CHAs Platform Secretariat Officer
C/O Christian Health Association of Kenya
Musa Gitau Road, Off Waiyaki Highway
P.O Box 30690, 00100, Nairobi, KENYA
Tel : 254-20-4441920/2660372, 254-733-334419, 254-722-203617
Fax : 254-20-4440306
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org